Infamous Dream 718
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Infamous Dream 718

The new and improved Rsps Infamous Dream!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why aren't there any updates??!?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stank151
Extreme Donator
Extreme Donator

Why aren't there any updates??!? Empty
PostSubject: Why aren't there any updates??!?   Why aren't there any updates??!? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 7:18 am

Guys, Kurtis, JC, Haitti, Envoy, Xitra,why on earth arent there any updates!?
I understand Kurtis is busy and stuff, and Envoy was banned. But what about Haitti and Xitra?
I havent heard from them for a very while, and Haitti is like NEVER on the server

People are quitting, saying "This server is dying" "This server is boring" "The server is dead -.-" "Eco is Ruined [DONT RESET THE ECO]"
"Owner is never on" "Staff is rarely on" They been complaining about things.

The developer's log is full of FINISHED updates, waiting for Kurtis to put it in the game, I dont know how long thats been there, but they are waiting to be added in the game. I understand Kurtis is very busy and his laptop, internet and other things has problems to deal with. But you can get on, right? Even if its rarely. Now these times when you get on, maybe try to put in the Updates? 

[Please dont hate on me for posting this :/ Because if you do hate on me I'd be like D:]

There are rarely people on, I dont know why isnt there any people complaining in the forums, but in game I hear a lot, Kurtis, if your reading this PLOX PLOX PLOX PLOX PLOX PLOX PLOX add in updates D::: Im getting bored of the regular Hanging-Out-At-Home-With-No-Players day. Nobody to play with... Or boss with... Or trade with... I see some new players but well they join, I guide them for awhile 2 days later I dont see them anymore.

I just did guide another one about yesterday or the day before, their gone O_o

Well thats the end of the post and DONT HATE ON ME PLOXXXX D:::::;;;;
Back to top Go down
xitra
Coder
Coder
xitra

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't there any updates??!?   Why aren't there any updates??!? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 1:15 pm

Yeah, you have a big point stank. If the server doesn't get updated people will get declining to play it. Now I have many server updates ready
and even a few client sided ones but they're not being put ingame yet.
This has been brought to my attention that there's really no point in coding the christmas event if it isn't going to be added before christmas...

Anyways, stank i agree 100% and i'm out there...making updates for the server no problem.
Like this:
Pic 1:
~
Pic 2:
~
Pic 3:
~

Kurtis, if you read this. Im telling you now i can't keep updating stuff that isn't live via dropbox anymore i'm sending too many overlapping files bro.
And nothings happening, its not like i can just delete them and replace them with newer updated files. the files aren't being updated into you're VPS
regularily enough for me not to get confules on which updates need to be released at each time.
~~~
Kurtis, I need you to back up all the character files. Then I will send you MY updated
source and client, then you replace the character files of yours with the ones in mine. Nobody will lose any progress and items that way.
When I send you my client just go on the loader.java and change the IP to the IP you're using right now for Infamous Dream. I have a jarred
and signed client but it won't work for you. So i think you'll only have to jar and sign the client again...Really easy only takes like 10 minutes.
Please work with me here kurtis.

It's too many updates to move over, i don't blame you if you get confused kurtis. But we need to implement my UPDATED version of infamous dream
ASAP. I want the christmas event out before christmas please. lol I Don't develop so i can see it being done. i do it for the server, for everyone.

Kurtis, I have no compiler errors whatsoever in my source, however the 718 client I use has 14 warning which are -xlint rechecks, they mean
absolutely nothing and don't harm anything. Kurtis i need you run the server via my source and client.

~~~
Stank, i agree with you and you don't deserve any hate whatsover.

~Coder XiTrA
Back to top Go down
Stank151
Extreme Donator
Extreme Donator

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't there any updates??!?   Why aren't there any updates??!? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 1:22 pm

Yay Very Happy Ty for no hates, and I hope none in the future.
Back to top Go down
Bonesaw L
Manager
Manager
Bonesaw L

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't there any updates??!?   Why aren't there any updates??!? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 1:35 pm

In the staffs defence, I understand I/we have been a little in-active lately, (Not Jesus Christ, Fr0zn M3 and Absentkiller) But some of us has. The reason for that is like, there is alot of stuff happening now when it's almost Christmas time. I mean, alot of people go out to buy Christmas tree, Christmas presents and stuff like that, and Christmas is a holiday to spend with the family and friends and beloved ones. So alot of staff can't play actively in the time before the Christmas Holiday starts, but most of them, Including ME, will most likely play much more when the Holiday begins and there is no more school.

The second thing is, since there is rarely no players online (like you said). [I mean, let's be honest. there has been alot of players joining and playing. the thing is, they leave because they get bored, since there is no updates implented yet.] And when there is a few players on everyday, WE (the staff team) do what we are supposed to do. Help anyone that needs help. Make sure the rules stay intact. Punish any player that tries to break the rules. Keep the server and forums safe from rulebreakers and such. After like, we help out any new players, After some time they will be no longer in need of help. That leaves us with no task, like nothing to do. And when we log on everyday with no tasks, no one to help, no rulebreakers to punish, nothing. for days, weeks.... months. Well, we do get tired of it. That's why we go in-active.
What can the players do about this? You can do alot, you don't have to ask for help 24/7 to make us stay on longer. Rather come to us, hang out. talk, add us on skype. Try to communicate. That way, it will be fun logging on everyday, and we will start to actually look forward to it.

Back to topic: 
The Third thing; some of them are staff hunters. they come on, Ask the first person they see if they need any staff around here. If we tell them a straight NO. They'll leave immediately, but if we tell them like, the Requirements for staff (work hard, help, be loyal and dedicated and of course contribute to the server.) they stay and try to do that for a "couple of days" then maybe leave.

What we can do to change this? You was talking about UPDATES. I agree with you on that, but you gotta understand that there are actually updates that are being worked on right now.
You wonder why Xitra is never on? He is coding and working non-stop. I know that because I talk with him alot on skype. He also got a special suprise for you and other "Donators", I will not tell what this "suprise" is, because it's, well.... A SUPRISE! LOL Razz. Anyways, as Xitra has said many times i believe, he is coding constantly on a clone server of Infamous Dream (A server that looks exactly like Infamous Dream), but there he has rights to ::coords and stuff like that, that will allow him to code. He hasn't gotten that on here yet, but he will anytime soon.

I mean, We all know the server is a little bit unhealthy. It's our job to give it the right medicine to make it become healthy again. How can we do that? We can advertise, donate and do anything that will make our server popular. I tried to advertise on other servers, which resulted in me getting perm-banned on many accounts. Why did I do that? too help out this server. Of course there are many other ways to advertise and make our server popular. But it depends on YOU, It depends on if you want to put in time and spend, together with fellow members and friends that happens to play Infamous Dream with you. You can let people that you know start playing, other friends from other servers you played. there are people out there constantly looking for a server to join, they spend hours and hours on mopar, runelocus rsps server lists, etcs. Just looking for a server. You can make them join this, Join Infamous Dream. We have already made an Wikia for the server, to make it stand out and look professional. We have an incredible forum community and also an ingame community. We are just looking for players to join this wonderful community and PLAY INFAMOUS DREAM.

Thanks, some of this probably didn't make sense. Remember one thing before judging me, I am a bit un-educated. I have never graduated yet, and making long posts/texts like this isn't what I am best at. I am just trying to stay calm and speak the truth, And I mean no harm or disrespect you anyone. Also, please don't be hating on me because of some simple grammar false. As I said, I ain't educated enough to tell good grammar from bad grammar.

Anyways. Thanks for reading this. I appreciate it, even though it was really long Razz
Regards ~ Bonesaw L
Back to top Go down
http://Redtube.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't there any updates??!?   Why aren't there any updates??!? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why aren't there any updates??!?
Page 1 of 1