Infamous Dream 718
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Infamous Dream 718

The new and improved Rsps Infamous Dream!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Donator Updates & Some Discussion about updates

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
xitra
Coder
Coder
xitra

Donator Updates & Some Discussion about updates Empty
PostSubject: Donator Updates & Some Discussion about updates   Donator Updates & Some Discussion about updates Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 7:18 am

Ok,

Guys, i am planning to remake donator and extreme donator capabilities. Thing is,

I do not want to add any tradeable Drops into the game becasue it makes the game too easy for donators and brings too much cash into the economy.
I want to make things that are cosmetic and that are useful, but will not bear wealth.
I will make things slightly easier for donators,

Look we want to keep a good player base but its not all about donators.
This isn't Runescape, I don't get paid to code so we don't need all the money we can get, all me need cash for is to support kurtis' VPS Forum additions and other things for kurtis.
We dont need to fund an entire company, but dont get me wrong.. we still do need donations to improve the forum and server stability.
You know what? when i ask people what they like most about RSPS's in General, they say it is: Stability, Economy, Uptime and updates.

I want to begin helping the economy but i also want to give donators more benefits. I am trying the hardest i can to add new pets into the game. Please respect i do what i do because i want a better server.

Listen... I know people very well.. i even know myself to be very persuasive in some cases... but, i know that people really want the game to be easier. If i take away items from a shop they don't see it the same way as i do.
For example: the fag who told he was upset because the pets had no wealth and he wasted his time doing the Christmas event because he made no wealth out of it.
Guys trust me, you will feel better knowing you have accomplished something rather than just achieved it immediately.
When i remove something from the game, or make something more expensive (chaotics) it is because i want to make them longer to get to give players a longer goal, which keeps then attained to the game.
Do not say you want things easier because it is only a temporary state of mind. one you get everything in a game, you quit.

Back on topic, I want people to know that i am not going to make donators have the easiest gaming experice, seperating donators from players via instances is definitly a bad idea because it splits the community.
I want have donators and players be able to train together and communicate to eachother, not just donator killin donator only bosses and players killing non donator bosses

ALSO, i must mention that updates for players are the most important updates, Our player base is the most important thing we have. If i release an update for all players it will count as new content also to donators. You must understand that donators are very important but to treat too good and give them the entire game to easy will drive them to boredom in the future.

There is a lot of people that can't get it through their heads that players will quit if they get everything in a game

Guys read this, its important!:  I'm going to use chaotics for an example. At the moment they're 75k tokens but when they were 20k tokens they were too easy to get. Chaotics are the best available weapons set in the region of 718 servers/caches, (excl. Dominion) , This mean it should be the hardest weapon to get. If everyone has the best weapon nobody will go whip pking or use dcim. These items will become obselete and chaotics will overinflate and ruin the market.

Also ive heard suggestions that chaotics should be cheaper like 50k for donators, ( this is a really bad idea). THIS IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. I know whats good for a server and what isn't, and i know that if i do this then:
~ Donators will get chaotics to easily, having achieved the best weapons in game, they will have no futher goal to obtain a better weapon.
~ If donators are able to get choatics much faster, then they will sell more and more chaotics will ravage the economy and be availiable to players.

Also:
~ Chaotics are going to become untradeable because too many people are abusing the system.
~ Chaotics are not meant to make you money through trading them, They are emant to make combat faster and make bossing more sufficient. Adding non-tradeability to chaotics. will make the item rarer and give it more achievement value to the player.

Take at this point: Chaotics were 1B each at a time, who will bother skilling if you can prod chaotics for 1B per chaotic, it makes no sense. Having chaotics tradeable will incur in them being over populated and will make the server's best weapons be too easy to get. DUNGEONEERING is not a moneymaking skill, that's things like farming and crafting that you sell products that were raw recources at one stage.

DONATORS: I can not give you custom items unless the Cache is redone/updated. This server's cache can not handle well with raw models. The most i can do is recolour at the moment.
So please do not suggest any customs, the best coder in the world can not work to model and implement customs into this cache. I only have one solution for this...

Donators are important and they do deserve a funner game experience, But its like runescape, imagine if Players could trade bandos/torva items over to
free-to-play players, they wouldn't be inclined to donate for membership.

I know im not the owner, but i too have a great impact on what gets added to the game and what doesn't, i know what fkes up servers. I know what makes up a good server and what people look for in a server, but im not going to add in updates that are request by players that will fk up the server. I really only take orders from Kurtis, anything Jesus tells me i will do but if it needs to be changed then so be it. But i know kurtis understands were i'm with this. When someone suggestes something to me that isn't Bonesaw L, jesus, Zack, or Kurtis, i will always firstly look for will this spoil the game's resources/content, if it doesn't then i read what other players think about it, then i make a decision on whether it be implemented, coding isn't an easy job , but i enjoy coding because I code alone atm Smile

Just to be clear guys, donators will be getting a rework, but what do you think is more important
Dontars or the Economy,
The way i see it is, if theres no economy people will not see the worth in donating for a server.
Basically you choose one or the other with this guys: Atm people have about 5 sets of Nex because donators have fucked up the economy with them releasing too much of their donated items. Whats the point of skilling when you can pay $15 for torva?

Also if people just buy Torva over and over again then it will become less valueable because of the inflated recource and donator points will be worth less. Donators should not have access to nex sets because they release the best armours ingame to players. Why would players donate for something that is so easy to get? \

I put this under the suggestions thread because the suggestion is:
Do you think players should be able to spoil the game through donations? yes or no answer guys
Should infamous dream ignore the economy status to improve donator, or should it be the opposite, i Don't work well with others unless I work with Kurtis, i will only code with Kurtis.
Nobody else, you guys saw what happened when you employed other coders, you think they gave a shit about this game? no i red envoys posts and cuniffs posts, haitti did nothing. They all just abused enjoyed their rights.

Jesus, if you're reading this i think you are very smart on how you do you're decisions. You don't want me to have rights because of what other coders did..also i fully understand that being a coder is effectively skipping up to past administrator when it comes to rights. But i appreciate how people can trust me and i hope you have realised by now that i am nothing like haitti, and i genuinely care for the server.
People should be cautious with staff and i only just took more consideration to this today, i used to think jesus was too strict, but now i understand that we should all be a little more cautious and less accepting to staff positions like he is.

Also, this mainly goes to the really new players, dont ask staff for free stuff, just saying because i will ALWAYS SAY NO. I am not aloud to trade any items or give items/ drop items/ transfer in any method to any player except staff that have spawning rights.

Ik i went really off topic but
THE TOPIC of handling updates that have to do with real life cash are really mainly considered to implementation by the developers,

J.K Rowling, (author of the Harry Potter Novel Series) quote:

I doubt you read all this. But people want the game to be too easy for donators & players.

Thank you, (this is a suggestion and general discussion mixed) (im suggesting a form of treatment for donators capabilities in the future, whether it be close or far). and please understand that the server isn't easy to update. Kurtis handles the side of updating the sever of what ive coded and i know that Kurtis really is a good person for the server, although updates might not happen everyday you gotta consider our owner, and his availability compared to mine. We are really lucky we got Kurtis guys...just saying. I've gotten paid to code servers in the past and follow commands from owners but they're servers died because the owner was moneyhungry and gave the players the game too easily. I would not be here if Kurtis was like those owners.

Answer this guys:
        Do you want Donator updates first or Economy Updates?
        Do you believe in the Sense of runescape that members should not be aloud to trade MEMBERS ONLY ITEMS to non members/f2p players?
        Do you belive that Donators should be spoiled and to what extent?

XiTrA.

Last edited by xitra on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Bonesaw L
Manager
Manager
Bonesaw L

PostSubject: Re: Donator Updates & Some Discussion about updates   Donator Updates & Some Discussion about updates Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 9:30 am

I agree. #Loong post, i love it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://Redtube.com
xitra
Coder
Coder
xitra

PostSubject: Re: Donator Updates & Some Discussion about updates   Donator Updates & Some Discussion about updates Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 10:12 am

Tanks, if i write a long post it means i'm passionate and really care on the topic Smile
Back to top Go down
techworm
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
techworm

PostSubject: Re: Donator Updates & Some Discussion about updates   Donator Updates & Some Discussion about updates Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 1:09 pm

fix the eco first man please do that.
donors should be able to trade with everyone except for special items
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Donator Updates & Some Discussion about updates   Donator Updates & Some Discussion about updates Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Donator Updates & Some Discussion about updates
Page 1 of 1