Infamous Dream 718
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Infamous Dream 718

The new and improved Rsps Infamous Dream!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For Kurtis

Go down 
+4
torva
Bonesaw L
Jesus christ
iTony
8 posters
AuthorMessage
iTony
iTony

For Kurtis Empty
PostSubject: For Kurtis   For Kurtis Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 4:11 pm

Hey, this message is from someone who has logged onto the server today. Ingame user "Jenn".

They asked me to inform you that they are willing to make you a 'much better forum', and they 'know they can make you a better one'.
They requested you e-mail Yakcity192@aol.com for more details and to talk about it.
One more thing, to do this they would like the role of Admin, so I guess it's up to you what you do.

Peace,
-Tony
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Bonesaw L
Manager
Manager
Bonesaw L

For Kurtis Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Kurtis   For Kurtis Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:56 pm

EDIT: Before I start: THE LINK TO THE TEST WEBSITE IS MADE BY A GIRL. JENNA <3333 Very Happy 

I've talked to this player Jenn, to just find out more and see what he was capable of. The idea in it self is brilliant. But what he said below is something else. I needed to know why he requested such an high staff rank, so I wanted to see what he was capable of making through this website development thing stuff Razz. I thought: There must be a good reason why he wants Admin, he must be capable if doing something good and helpful.

I've talked to him about this mostly
Tony wrote:
One more thing, to do this they would like the role of Admin, so I guess it's up to you what you do.

I don't believe requesting such a high staff rank is a good idea. And there are many reasons why I don't support the idea at all.

1. We don't know you enough, because you recently joined. To become staff (support) you need to be known be many players including staff, And you gotta know many staff and players aswell.
But if you are new you don't meet these requirements and are then not ready for staff. That means, Play the server longer and familarize yourself with the community and the players in it.
2. This might be the most important one. To become some sort of staff or developer we need to have enough trust in you. If we can't trust you with the commands or other things, we can't let you be staff. Because you might abuse your powers on players, and make players quit and look at the server, like it's some unprofessional server with corrupt staff members. We can't let that happen, so being trustworthy is the main thing to become staff. That's why we have players go through support and mod first. The Support rank is the lowest rank and therefore has not many commands, while mod is a little bigger and has more commands. Everytime you get a promotion you get more responsibility, more commands and a bigger role.

But, as I said. I've talked with Jenn myself. And I asked him to show me his skills, and look what he came up with --> http://test4infamous.enjin.com/
He made that in 15 minutes. While he was AFK  doing that I was talking with some other players ingame. Boom he asks me to check out that link after the 15 mins was over. I saw this and I was like holy fuck! If he said a couple of days, I would be like. AIGHT Very Happy. But this in fucking 15 minutes?!. What can he do if he gets even more time to work on this. SICKNESS :OO

But, Of course. This is Kurtis and Jesus's choice, not mine. I just saw this and it blew my mind. I look at it like it's some sort of advertising Razz. I, myself think it's a brilliant idea, but Idk what you guys think. Post below please Smile and don't forget to check the link above out.

Regards Bonesaw L

Last edited by Bonesaw L on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : EDITTED SOME SHIT :P)
Back to top Go down
http://Redtube.com
torva
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
torva

For Kurtis Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Kurtis   For Kurtis Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 10:20 pm

better forum? this forum is badass. why change it? -.-
Back to top Go down
xitra
Coder
Coder
xitra

For Kurtis Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Kurtis   For Kurtis Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 2:13 am

I think its a terrible idea to make the player admin. At most they can be gfx artist but not admin. Thats a dumb idea... giving free admin is risking them giving out items. I disagree with this.
Back to top Go down
Farfromit
Veteran
Veteran
Farfromit

For Kurtis Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Kurtis   For Kurtis Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 6:16 am

At the most, Forum Creator rank or some shit, Administrator is a high position that you can't just get in 1 day, look how hard Bonesaw worked to get where he is.
Back to top Go down
Bonesaw L
Manager
Manager
Bonesaw L

For Kurtis Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Kurtis   For Kurtis Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 11:19 am

@MyPost Holy fuck crap, I ment she/her. Not he, him... Very Happy

@All the above: I agree with you guys. Couldnt said it better myself.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
YoGi
Support
Support
YoGi

For Kurtis Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Kurtis   For Kurtis Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 12:04 am

I know exactly what they want (correct me If I am wrong.) They just want administrative settings to be able to edit the website. It is kind of like my first application when I asked to be some sort of coder, I wanted the ability to change things, not really have an "Admin" position. Anyways,If you want to make a better looking forum, I have the capability to make that happen, so if you want a safer option, you could chose me. I know the basics of how to make a forum look pretty epic, but I would need gfx artists to create the forum sprites.

WITH all of this being said, I have no problems with the forums. I think it is simple and effective; maybe not attractive though. I do think that there should be a poll that asks all of us if we want new forums.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis
Owner / Coder
Owner / Coder
Kurtis

For Kurtis Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Kurtis   For Kurtis Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:31 pm

Honestly if you think you can just ask for a rank just because you can make a forum with some better features and some more pictures or whatever the fuck it is I could care less, I like this forum the way it is, everything is set up so it's easy for all staff and users to find where they want to go and where they want to post.

@ Jenn - if you're only interested in making forums for ranks please go ask for ranks somewhere else as we don't welcome staff hunters here.

@ Everyone above - You guys are all great lolol xD thank you for responding to this Very Happy

Also, I have been thinking about MAYBE (only possibility) on moving forums, here's what the possible one could look like http://infamousdream.enjin.com/home

Please post your feedback on what you think of this new forum idea, I want to hear if you like or hate it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.infamousdream.org
torva
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
torva

For Kurtis Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Kurtis   For Kurtis Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 6:44 am

its nice kurtis, but i really wanna stick to this forums  silent
Back to top Go down
Kurtis
Owner / Coder
Owner / Coder
Kurtis

For Kurtis Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Kurtis   For Kurtis Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 11:25 pm

the other forum looks a little better, and has more features like a custom Store that I can add donation items and shit that you can buy in-game and it looks more professional as well Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.infamousdream.org
Bonesaw L
Manager
Manager
Bonesaw L

For Kurtis Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Kurtis   For Kurtis Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 3:44 am

I havent seen it yet bit ill take a look after school. Im on Phone atm Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content