Infamous Dream 718
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Infamous Dream 718

The new and improved Rsps Infamous Dream!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players...

Go down 
+6
Farfromit
Mod Zack
techworm
Stank151
Bonesaw L
xitra
10 posters
AuthorMessage
xitra
Coder
Coder
xitra

[READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players... Empty
PostSubject: [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players...   [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 10:05 am

Hello I am Dante,
i am now a coder for this server. i cant code yet because i do not have the source to code to but that will happen soon enough.
This is not a suggestion because a suggestion is me giving the coder/owner ideas to add to the server,
this is about fixing the server and getting a greater and more sustained player base.
please do not move this topic because i need as many people to see this and reply to this as possible.

Firstly,
I don't have contact with Kurtis as much as I'd like to, because of Time Zones and the internet problem he is undergoing.

THE ECONOMY:
We all know CASH IS USELESS, GP should be used as a middle between trades and right now only items are traded leaving cash obsolete.
THERE IS TOO MUCH GP IN THE GAME (I have 2 max cash stacks because chaotics are too easy to obtain and sell for 1b cash each [approx.].)
The heart of a market is GP we all know this. take real life for example, imagine if all cash was removed all banknotes and coins. the economy would be much worsened.
The solutions I have proposed to fix this: All start with fixing the cash glitches in the game

• Remove cash from peoples accounts (and all the marble bricks), add more wealth to cash by improving skilling  and making it so that skilling will make you cash such as farming slayer and such

• Make construction a VERY EXPENSIVE skill and use it to drain the money in the game that already exists. ( I'll fix con if I become coder early)

• Increase cash of stuff at shops (things that cant be obtained via bossing or skilling) and remove the really bulked up items in banks. (stuff over 10k this doesnt include dung tokens and some other items, ill make a list later of the exceptions)

THE SKILLING:
this is EXTREMELY vital to a server, if people only want a server to pk then they can go to a spawn pk server.
This server isn't a PK server, so skilling needs to be alive otherwise people will get bored and quit.
skilling is very important because it is what gives people goals and aspirations, right now a comp cape can be obtained in a week, that's the whole game done in about a week, therefore making the player bored and more susceptible to quit. Right now, skilling is too easy to be achieved.
PLEASE TRY UNDERSTAND THIS PART!!!!
>>>> listen. Right now skilling can be easily completed because items can be bought from the store to skill with.
It is meant to be that people:

•  train woodcutting to get logs for firemaking or fletching. then fletch for bows to use it pvp

• train slayer for seeds / armour to farm for and use in combat

• train farming for cash

• train crafting to make armour such as dhide to use in bossing/pvp.

• train fishing to train cooking to use food for bossing.

If the system isn't implemented like this SKILLING IS AUTOMATICALLY DEAD because there is no point in the resources gathered.

Look at it this way: right now RuneScape has 34,749 people playing (this isn't advert because everyone knows what rs is).
As we all know, pking in RS3 is dead, therefor the players are only using skilling/bossing content, so if 34k people are playing rs for the new skilling (which is pointless because RS3 is a dead game), skilling is VERY important. Skilling/bossing is the lead up to pk.

The SOLUTIONS I have proposed include:

• REMOVING seeds shop and ill add seeds as a common slayer drop, removing logs, removing other base skilling items (not incl shards and pouches). If this is accepted ill make a list first.

• Slightly slow down the rate of xp for some stats, 99s are achieved too fast and people get bored and quit.

•  Fixing the Prestige store so there is a point to prestige, therefore restoring stats and people spending more time on the game( I'm only accepting input from donator+ to what should be in the prestige store and this must be verified by both Kurtis and Jesus.)

THE BOSSING:
Who goes to Nex or Corp when you can buy the drops so cheap from the chest at home w/donor points..
When people are inclined to buy these items it adds unnecessary items into the game and does fk with the economy, Nex sets should be hard to obtain. THE FOLLOWING IS IMPORTANT.. Listen and bear with me..
You start the game > you train combat> you gain money over time> you upgrade you're armour> you train more> upgrade more> then once you feel you have good stats then you go bossing to obtain the items you want> you boss over some time therefore it being a goal and A REASON TO PLAY THE GAME> you get the item you want> you use the item to increase stat attributes to do higher bosses.
There needs to be a sense or order. this brings me to a very important point...
Well.. you're not going to like this but i think we need to reduce the amount of donated items in the game because they're too common and it isn't worth bossing. Id need the help of Jesus with this one if he understands the idea.

DONATOR STORE / DONATING FOR ITEMS: this is probably the most important thing I need to say.
We need to remove the following items from the Donator Store: AGS, Claws, Nex sets, Spirit shields, zaryte bow. People shouldnt be able to buy their way into success. This is the same reson why people cant just buy items in RuneScape, if you guys dont believe me, take it from a company who used to have 300k players playing at one stage. They didn't sell spins/bonds at the time back then. if they did the game would have died much earlier.
When people buy AGS, Claws, Nex sets, Spirit shields, zaryte bow from the store, they ruin the game experience by adding items into the game and soon these items will become cheaper and lose value because of the increased amount being spawned into the game. Also this ruins the experience for the average player because these items are easier to come by and INSTANTLY give the player the best thing they can achieve, therefore completely RUINING the system that they are meant to have goals so they keep playing.
Remove the following items from donator store:

• Armadyl Godsword

• Dragon Claws

• Spirit Shields: (Arcane, Spectral, Elysian, Divine)

• Zaryte Bow

• Torva Armour

• Pernix Armour

• Virtus Armour

YOU MUST LOOK AND ATTEMPT AGREE WITH THIS FOR THE SAKE OF THE SERVER's ECONOMY! if you're Kurtis, Jesus Christ or Mod Zack the next part goes directly and only to you.

THIS PARAGRAPH IS MAINLY FOR Kurtis, Jesus Christ, Mod Zack:
Guys, I know we need cash to pay for vps and stuff but what were doing now will kill out players in the long term, staff will go inactive because there's no point in staying on a server with no people. If we can remove these items from the donator store i need you're personal guarantee you wont trade items out to players even for a small donation because it ruins the server in the long term. GUYS, most importantly i'm working on new and safe ways that will incline the average player to donate, this includes the Donator/Sdonator/Edonator capes that was suggested by Stank151, also making donators having access to greater things that are mainly cosmetic, such as extra skins, new capes, easier access to towns/ secret areas. guys, ill make people have a reason to donate. people donate for the server they enjoy and want to play, its like tipping. trust me, if we add stuff like auras and the custom donor capes/zones instead of boss items MORE ppl will donate.

THE COMBAT/MAXCAPE:
It's not right, everyone has the max cape, it's common. this is because you can max combat in like a couple of hours. training combat ESPECIALLY MAGE should be slower so people are giving a lengthened goal and they can train dung while training their combat and not max out so easily.
Everyone is lvl 126 or 138 w/summoning. its not right, this isnt a pking server where everyone is maxed cb. ALSO this is a suggestion just this part: Make maxcape available to those who have all 99s incl 99 dung (not 120). this is because at the moment TOKHAAR-KAL is pointless to go for if its so easy to get a max cape. if this would happen then  the completionist cape would have more requirements and be harder to achieve.

• Make combat skills harder to train slightly for increased duration of the players goal

• Make maxcape available to those who have all 99s incl 99 dung (not 120). THIS IS ALSO A SKILLING GOAL, gives more point to skill

In conclusion,
People are going more inactive because theyre bored. we need to make sure people can set long term goals in game to keep them attained.
The ideas i have presented above all all viable solutions to the ongoing problem we face. Oh yeah, and for you people who just want the game to be easier and everyhting is buyable, it might seem like that until you have everything you want then get bored and quit.
Think of it like this:
The Celebrities who made cash like it's all they lived for. They made their cash almost instantly throught their career but when they had nothing left in life they resorted to drugs then died of overdose such as Elvis. Guys, this is what happens, when you complete everyhting really quickly you end up leaning to go inactive and/or quit.

WE NEED TO STOP THIS, WE NEED TO MAKE CHANGE!
[wow]
Charles Darwin (the creator of the evolutionary theory) wrote:
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
[/wow]
we need to change the server together for a long term player base that will sustain the server for the time to come.

Thank you for listening, post below.

~Dante

11.30.2013 23:48:09

Last edited by xitra on Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bonesaw L
Manager
Manager
Bonesaw L

[READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players... Empty
PostSubject: Re: [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players...   [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 1:09 pm

This is by far one of the best posts ever made, You really know how to contribute positivily to the server. Very Happy
I must say that you really made this one perfect. I know Miley said No1s perfect, but thats as close to perfect as possible. This really could help the server alot, and most of the stuff you said was so true. I believe my fellow Sexy staff team-mates will agree on this Razz
and I agree with Jesus when he said you should get the chance to code for us. you really know what you are talking about dude, I simply love this!
[READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players... 1337322104010
Thank you for making this! :] Very Happy Wink

Back to top Go down
http://Redtube.com
Stank151
Extreme Donator
Extreme Donator

PostSubject: Re: [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players...   [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 1:45 pm

xitra wrote:
Hello I am Dante,
Many of you know I have applied towards the Coder position and I am yet to receive a response from Kurtis to whether I am accepted or not
This is not a suggestion because a suggestion is me giving the coder/owner ideas to add to the server,
this is about fixing the server and getting a greater and more sustained player base.
please do not move this topic because i need as many people to see this and reply to this as possible.

Firstly,
I don't have contact with Kurtis as much as I'd like to, because of Time Zones and the internet problem he is undergoing.

THE ECONOMY:
We all know CASH IS USELESS, GP should be used as a middle between trades and right now only items are traded leaving cash obsolete.
THERE IS TOO MUCH GP IN THE GAME (I have 2 max cash stacks because chaotics are too easy to obtain and sell for 1b cash each [approx.].)
The heart of a market is GP we all know this. take real life for example, imagine if all cash was removed all banknotes and coins. the economy would be much worsened.
The solutions I have proposed to fix this: All start with fixing the cash glitches in the game

• Remove cash from peoples accounts (and all the marble bricks), add more wealth to cash by improving skilling  and making it so that skilling will make you cash such as farming slayer and such

• Make construction a VERY EXPENSIVE skill and use it to drain the money in the game that already exists. ( I'll fix con if I become coder early)

• Increase cash of stuff at shops (things that cant be obtained via bossing or skilling) and remove the really bulked up items in banks. (stuff over 10k this doesnt include dung tokens and some other items, ill make a list later of the exceptions)

THE SKILLING:
this is EXTREMELY vital to a server, if people only want a server to pk then they can go to a spawn pk server.
This server isn't a PK server, so skilling needs to be alive otherwise people will get bored and quit.
skilling is very important because it is what gives people goals and aspirations, right now a comp cape can be obtained in a week, that's the whole game done in about a week, therefore making the player bored and more susceptible to quit. Right now, skilling is too easy to be achieved.
PLEASE TRY UNDERSTAND THIS PART!!!!
>>>> listen. Right now skilling can be easily completed because items can be bought from the store to skill with.
It is meant to be that people:

•  train woodcutting to get logs for firemaking or fletching. then fletch for bows to use it pvp

• train slayer for seeds / armour to farm for and use in combat

• train farming for cash

• train crafting to make armour such as dhide to use in bossing/pvp.

• train fishing to train cooking to use food for bossing.

If the system isn't implemented like this SKILLING IS AUTOMATICALLY DEAD because there is no point in the resources gathered.

Look at it this way: right now RuneScape has 34,749 people playing (this isn't advert because everyone knows what rs is).
As we all know, pking in RS3 is dead, therefor the players are only using skilling/bossing content, so if 34k people are playing rs for the new skilling (which is pointless because RS3 is a dead game), skilling is VERY important. Skilling/bossing is the lead up to pk.

• REMOVING seeds shop and ill add seeds as a common slayer drop, removing logs, removing other base skilling items (not incl shards and pouches). If this is accepted ill make a list first.

• Slightly slow down the rate of xp for some stats, 99s are achieved too fast and people get bored and quit.

•  Fixing the Prestige store so there is a point to prestige, therefore restoring stats and people spending more time on the game( I'm only accepting input from donator+ to what should be in the prestige store and this must be verified by both Kurtis and Jesus.)

THE BOSSING:
Who goes to Nex or Corp when you can buy the drops so cheap from the chest at home w/donor points..
When people are inclined to buy these items it adds unnecessary items into the game and does fk with the economy, Nex sets should be hard to obtain. THE FOLLOWING IS IMPORTANT.. Listen and bear with me..
You start the game > you train combat> you gain money over time> you upgrade you're armour> you train more> upgrade more> then once you feel you have good stats then you go bossing to obtain the items you want> you boss over some time therefore it being a goal and A REASON TO PLAY THE GAME> you get the item you want> you use the item to increase stat attributes to do higher bosses.
There needs to be a sense or order. this brings me to a very important point...
Well.. you're not going to like this but i think we need to reduce the amount of donated items in the game because they're too common and it isn't worth bossing. Id need the help of Jesus with this one if he understands the idea.

DONATOR STORE / DONATING FOR ITEMS: this is probably the most important thing I need to say.
We need to remove the following items from the Donator Store: AGS, Claws, Nex sets, Spirit shields, zaryte bow. People shouldnt be able to buy their way into success. This is the same reson why people cant just buy items in RuneScape, if you guys dont believe me, take it from a company who used to have 300k players playing at one stage. They didn't sell spins/bonds at the time back then. if they did the game would have died much earlier.
When people buy AGS, Claws, Nex sets, Spirit shields, zaryte bow from the store, they ruin the game experience by adding items into the game and soon these items will become cheaper and lose value because of the increased amount being spawned into the game. Also this ruins the experience for the average player because these items are easier to come by and INSTANTLY give the player the best thing they can achieve, therefore completely RUINING the system that they are meant to have goals so they keep playing.
Remove the following items from donator store:

• Armadyl Godsword

• Dragon Claws

• Spirit Shields: (Arcane, Spectral, Elysian, Divine)

• Zaryte Bow

• Torva Armour

• Pernix Armour

• Virtus Armour

YOU MUST LOOK AND ATTEMPT AGREE WITH THIS FOR THE SAKE OF THE SERVER's ECONOMY! if you're Kurtis, Jesus Christ or Mod Zack the next part goes directly and only to you.

THIS PARAGRAPH IS MAINLY FOR Kurtis, Jesus Christ, Mod Zack:
Guys, I know we need cash to pay for vps and stuff but what were doing now will kill out players in the long term, staff will go inactive because there's no point in staying on a server with no people. If we can remove these items from the donator store i need you're personal guarantee you wont trade items out to players even for a small donation because it ruins the server in the long term. GUYS, most importantly i'm working on new and safe ways that will incline the average player to donate, this includes the Donator/Sdonator/Edonator capes that was suggested by Stank151, also making donators having access to greater things that are mainly cosmetic, such as extra skins, new capes, easier access to towns/ secret areas. guys, ill make people have a reason to donate. people donate for the server they enjoy and want to play, its like tipping. trust me, if we add stuff like auras and the custom donor capes/zones instead of boss items MORE ppl will donate.

THE COMBAT/MAXCAPE:
It's not right, everyone has the max cape, it's common. this is because you can max combat in like a couple of hours. training combat ESPECIALLY MAGE should be slower so people are giving a lengthened goal and they can train dung while training their combat and not max out so easily.
Everyone is lvl 126 or 138 w/summoning. its not right, this isnt a pking server where everyone is maxed cb. ALSO this is a suggestion just this part: Make maxcape available to those who have all 99s incl 99 dung (not 120). this is because at the moment TOKHAAR-KAL is pointless to go for if its so easy to get a max cape. if this would happen then  the completionist cape would have more requirements and be harder to achieve.

• Make combat skills harder to train slightly for increased duration of the players goal

• Make maxcape available to those who have all 99s incl 99 dung (not 120). THIS IS ALSO A SKILLING GOAL, gives more point to skill

In conclusion,
People are going more inactive because theyre bored. we need to make sure people can set long term goals in game to keep them attained.
The ideas i have presented above all all viable solutions to the ongoing problem we face. Oh yeah, and for you people who just want the game to be easier and everyhting is buyable, it might seem like that until you have everything you want then get bored and quit.
Think of it like this:
The Celebrities who made cash like it's all they lived for. They made their cash almost instantly throught their career but when they had nothing left in life they resorted to drugs then died of overdose such as Elvis. Guys, this is what happens, when you complete everyhting really quickly you end up leaning to go inactive and/or quit.

WE NEED TO STOP THIS, WE NEED TO MAKE CHANGE!
[wow]
Charles Darwin (the creator of the evolutionary theory) wrote:
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
[/wow]
we need to change the server together for a long term player base that will sustain the server for the time to come.

Thank you for listening, post below.

~Dante

11.30.2013 23:48:09
I disagree on the donatorchest one. Because if you do remove them, why would anybody donate then?
Back to top Go down
techworm
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
techworm

PostSubject: Re: [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players...   [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 4:01 pm

100000% agree with everything, this server needs a change, a huge change. Items like chaotics are so easy to get its funny tbh
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Farfromit
Veteran
Veteran
Farfromit

PostSubject: Re: [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players...   [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 6:30 pm

I fully support all these ideas! It will help the economy a lot! That shit was long though xD

Back to top Go down
xitra
Coder
Coder
xitra

PostSubject: Re: [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players...   [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 6:39 pm

Mod Zack wrote:
I agree but kurtis wont reser eco because he thinks everyone will quit when we will not gain any other players when they join and everyone is really rich, i have tried cleaning the eco.a few times by taking out 95% of everyones bank and thab cunnif andjesus did so again to kurtis no offense doesnt know how to control an eco which is why we nwed a full on reset. Kurtis better do the right thing for the sake of the server
Bro, i know i can improve this server without eco reset. I know i can fix up the economy without a reset, but hey.. reset is always an option and you make alot of sense in what you wrote. Its an option but it will be my last option. Ill try fix the server as best as i can alongside kurtis. I dont wana see people leaving because we did eco reset first instead of using our viable options first. We try the best we can and thats all we can do.
Thanks Zack really appreciate youre feedback.
Also appreciate feedback from all others, bonesaw, stank, farfromit and the others.

Im really open and i like to read negative feedback so i know what to improve on

People keep commenting with feedback pls
Back to top Go down
Kurtis
Owner / Coder
Owner / Coder
Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players...   [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 11:43 pm

Mod Zack wrote:
I agree but kurtis wont reser eco because he thinks everyone will quit when we will not gain any other players when they join and everyone is really rich, i have tried cleaning the eco.a few times by taking out 95% of everyones bank and thab cunnif andjesus did so again to kurtis no offense doesnt know how to control an eco which is why we nwed a full on reset. Kurtis better do the right thing for the sake of the server
So if I handed you the files you'd be able to code and fix the eco ??
Back to top Go down
http://www.infamousdream.org
xitra
Coder
Coder
xitra

PostSubject: Re: [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players...   [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 2:51 am

Yes Kurtis id take my marginal steps into fixing the economy. Thing is to completely fix the economy it would take time because there are lots of things ruining it (as i mentioned before). A lot needs to be fixed but there are priorities such as fixing glitches that affect the economy.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis
Owner / Coder
Owner / Coder
Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players...   [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 3:29 am

xitra wrote:
Yes Kurtis id take my marginal steps into fixing the economy. Thing is to completely fix the economy it would take time because there are lots of things ruining it (as i mentioned before). A lot needs to be fixed but there are priorities such as fixing glitches that affect the economy.
I was saying that to Zack and yes I do know there are problems with the eco.
Back to top Go down
xitra
Coder
Coder
xitra

PostSubject: Re: [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players...   [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 3:32 am

Kurtis wrote:
xitra wrote:
I was saying that to Zack and yes I do know there are problems with the eco.
Ok sorry about that, misread who it was quoted for.

Synthh wrote:
Too much for me to read but I disagree with removing seeds.
What if people want to be a skiller?
Then they either have to ruin a skiller account or pay people (with the money they don't have) for seeds.
POINT TAKEN, very well this is true. ill leave the seeds as is and things that conflict with skiller and combat
Back to top Go down
xitra
Coder
Coder
xitra

PostSubject: Re: [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players...   [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 7:51 am

let me try first Jesus, i know i can try my best first.

Franklin D. Roosevelt wrote:

“It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.”
Smile
Back to top Go down
Kurtis
Owner / Coder
Owner / Coder
Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players...   [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 5:08 pm

Jesus there's nothing wrong with the compiler, I accidentally wrote a bad code and forgot which one it was which is the reason there are the errors.
Back to top Go down
Ownership

PostSubject: Re: [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players...   [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 6:41 am

WOW that took a long time to read.
Back to top Go down
xitra
Coder
Coder
xitra

PostSubject: Re: [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players...   [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 6:44 am

Haha yeah, its efforts length.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players...   [READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[READ] FIXING the server's economy, cash, skilling system for more players...
Page 1 of 1