Infamous Dream 718
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Infamous Dream 718

The new and improved Rsps Infamous Dream!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Idea for growing the server

Go down 
+2
Sparc Mac
fr0zn m3
6 posters

How should we promote the server?
Buy player share
Idea for growing the server Vote_lcap100%Idea for growing the server Vote_rcap
 100% [ 7 ]
Spam chat boxes
Idea for growing the server Vote_lcap0%Idea for growing the server Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I don't know
 0% [ 0 ]
I don't care just get it done
 0% [ 0 ]
We don't need more players
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
fr0zn m3
fr0zn m3

Idea for growing the server Empty
PostSubject: Idea for growing the server   Idea for growing the server Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 2:45 pm

This topic is mainly for Kurtis but feel free to read it if you wish or if you want more information.

Although this is mainly for Kurtis I would like you to post a poll response.

Kurtis, earlier today I logged on and there was no-one online. I was online for around 2 hours and not a single person logged on. Finally Xitra logged on and asked me 'why is the server dead? What am I doing wrong?' I personally don't think Xitra is doing anything wrong and I think he does an amazing job. This made me think that we really do need to focus on advertising the server and hopefully the player-base will grow.

We are registered to 'rspscoding' who offer some nice features. For example, I used to own a server and using practically only the 'player share' option in the store I was able to run a server with around 20 active players which I feel is a decent amount. I'm not 100% sure but i think this service is ridiculously cheap at like $1/$2 for 100 page hits (this means 100 people will be redirected to our server page). From 100 people I would estimate that maybe, 30 of them will try our server and maybe 5-10 will stay permanently. Maybe thats being optimistic but like i said i dont really remember much about it. Anyway down to business... I feel that this is the best way to promote a server and it is very cheap.

Another option we have to promote the server is to 'hire' or people could just do this, Spam chat boxes and other RSPS' linking people to our site. This is potentially free if we aren't hiring anyone to do it. However, this can give a bad impression for our server and in-turn this may make getting more players increasingly harder. I don't think this is a very good option because of the negative impact it may have on the server.

All in all I think it would be a good idea to put a little money into the advertisement of the server.If you have any questions about this post then find me in game, pm me on the forums or just simply post on this topic.

Thought id add this in to make the post look a bit better
Idea for growing the server 1_play10

Last edited by fr0zn m3 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a piccy)
Back to top Go down
Sparc Mac
Support
Support
Sparc Mac

PostSubject: Re: Idea for growing the server   Idea for growing the server Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 2:51 pm

awsome good post Smile
Back to top Go down
Bonesaw L
Manager
Manager
Bonesaw L

PostSubject: Re: Idea for growing the server   Idea for growing the server Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 3:09 pm

I do agree with this. Since the update I was expecting like the player base to grow instantly, day by day, Since Xitra did an awesome job with the new home and all that. But that hasn't happen. I have also seen lack of forum activity as well, which i don't like because I am always on forums, if i'm not ingame. If you are active on forums everytime your offline ingame, I would be very happy Very Happy.

All in all, i agree 100% with you. Nice post Wink
Back to top Go down
http://Redtube.com
Kurtis
Owner / Coder
Owner / Coder
Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Idea for growing the server   Idea for growing the server Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 1:01 am

We used to have player share when we were decently popular, and then I upgraded the VPS and all the money has gone towards the VPS and the Forum so I forgot about that :S

Need $18 and we can get player share for a month Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.infamousdream.org
Kidd Baker

PostSubject: Re: Idea for growing the server   Idea for growing the server Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:42 pm

Why not promote the server on other free RSPS server sights? or mmorpg sites?
Back to top Go down
Kurtis
Owner / Coder
Owner / Coder
Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Idea for growing the server   Idea for growing the server Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:52 pm

I already bought player share for 2 of our webclients like a week ago Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.infamousdream.org
exiled tank

PostSubject: Re: Idea for growing the server   Idea for growing the server Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 5:27 pm

I agree with Frozn we need to adevertise so we can get a player base, not saying the current staff arnt trying hard enough to get players, but it is kind of boring without that many players
Back to top Go down
Bonesaw L
Manager
Manager
Bonesaw L

PostSubject: Re: Idea for growing the server   Idea for growing the server Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 2:55 pm

Remove Infamous Dream (Need Staff) and put Infamous Dream, your dreams will cum thru Wink
Back to top Go down
http://Redtube.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea for growing the server   Idea for growing the server Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idea for growing the server
Page 1 of 1